Evaluation on its Social Impact
For the use of Chinglish, Chinese people have two different opinions: one is in favor of the use of Chinglish, that it is the inevitable result of the development of international English, is also a true portrayal of the changes in The Times, should give tolerance and affirmation; The other is against the use of Chinglish, that it is some people are not familiar with the use of English and do not conform to the English habit of a performance, is a different form of wrong English, should be blamed and rejected. According to online media statistics, 70% of netizens approve of the use of Chinglish, while only 30% disapprove of the use of Chinglish. In fact, these two different opinions just reflect people's different understanding and attitudes towards the use of Chinglish.
Professor Zhou Haizhong, a well-known Chinese scholar, said in an interview with the International Herald Leader that people should treat Chinglish with tolerance, objectivity and rationality instead of blaming and rejecting it. The survival rule of natural selection also applies to Chinglish. However, the survival of the fittest also requires correct guidance and scientific adjustment, which is conducive to the healthy development of language and people's communication. He also pointed out that teachers should guide students to learn and use the current standard English. The department concerned should assist in regulating the use of Chinglish. He reminded students to avoid using Chinglish in TOEFL, IELTS, GRE and other tests to avoid losing points and affecting their scores.
The Reason Behind the Arising of this "Language"
Generally speaking, the reason for the emergence of Chinglish is that we mixed too much thinking in our mother tongue in the process of learning English. This leads to situations where we speak English that we feel very good about, but foreigners don't understand. The specific reasons for this situation are as follows.
1. When we teach English to primary school students, due to the small range of students' learning, the learning method is very simple, mainly through the teacher and the recording of continuous imitation. As a result, primary school students cannot learn formal oral English education, the emergence of Chinglish.
2. Due to the influence of mother tongue, clear and voiced English is very serious. When students read the text in a tender voice, they always add the /e/, / I/and so on after each word, and the dragging sound is very obvious. This habit is brought to the oral English, and there will be the typical Chinese-style English.
3. Lack of necessary oral practice. To some extent, Chinglish means to be able to understand, to be able to understand, to be unable to tell the situation. This is due to the lack of necessary oral practice.
4. As Chinese has no two sounds and, even Chinese with a high level of English often mispronounced these two sounds, putting in the [s] sound, while Cantonese speakers put in the [f] sound. Most Chinese pronounce d as [z].
5. Directly translate English into Chinese, word for word, without paying attention to grammar.